TOWN OF GHENT COUNTY OF COLUMBIA STATE OF NEW YORK
Request for Proposals for Lawn Mowing Services
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Town of Ghent, Columbia County, New York, hereby requests proposals for the furnishing of lawn mowing services for the 2020 season, in accordance with the following specifications:
- Mowing of the three cemeteries within the Town at least three times during the course of the 2020 mowing season. Mowing of the cemeteries must be done by hand.
- Mowing of the West Ghent Recreational Facility as needed throughout the 2020 mowing season.
- All mowing to be done with mulching mowers. Grass to be cut between 2 and 3 inches.
- Trim around trees, beds and any area not accessed by mowers with string trimmers.
- Edge all sidewalks, driveways and curbs if applicable.
- Blow off any resulting debris from all hard surfaces.
- Pick up all debris, rubbish and yard waste; remove from property and dispose of properly
- The proposal must include all labor, materials, equipment, and tools necessary to perform the services described in the proposal.
- Proof of appropriate insurance naming the Town of Ghent as an additional insured to be provided.
Interested parties should conduct an inspection of the areas to be mowed prior to submitting a proposal in response to this request.
Responding parties must furnish a signed, dated, and written proposal, accompanied by a Certificate of Non-Collusion, via mail or email to the Ghent Town Clerk on or before April 30, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. If submitting by mail, please send to: Town of Ghent, Attn: Michelle Radley, Clerk, P.O. Box 98, Ghent, New York 12075-0098. If submitting by email, please send to [email protected]
The proposals will then be submitted to the Ghent Town Board for its review. The Ghent Town Board shall have complete discretion to reject any proposal that does not meet the required specifications or to reject all proposals for any reason, should the Board deem the same to be appropriate.
Dated: April 16, 2020 ___________________________________ Michelle Radley
Town Clerk, Town of Ghent