- Is a Permit Required?
- Building Permit application
- Fee Schedule
- NYS Permit Insurance Requirements
- NYS FORM BP-1 (Homeowner Worker’s Comp exemption form)
- NYS Unified Solar Permit application
- Ghent Approved Electrical Inspectors
- Table of Climatic & Geographic Design Criteria
- Current New York State Codes – On a computer, hover over and click ‘view as basic’ for free.
Ghent Enforces 2020 NYS Uniform Code
- Home Wood Burning (DEC Website)
- GIS Data Viewer by Columbia County Planning Department (look up parcel #’s, wetlands, flood zones etc)
Outside of office hours, completed Building Permit applications can be dropped off at town hall, emailed, or placed in the secure drop box in the red main door of town hall.
Zoning Enforcement Officer
- Ghent Town Code
- Zoning Use Table & Table of Dimensions (Chapter 190 Appendices A & B)
- Town of Ghent Zoning Map
- Interactive Town Boundary Map (not a survey product, for planning purposes only)