Assessor Lynn Hotaling | [email protected]
ph. 518.392.4644 x 204
Hours: Wednesdays 9:00am to 2:00pm
Update from the Assessor’s Office
April 26, 2023
2023 Tentative Assessment Roll
Available May 1 at the Town Hall or at https://www.columbiacountyny.com/rpassessments.html
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 4:00-8:00pm at the Ghent Town Hall
Grievance Forms (RP-524)
- Can be obtained at the Assessor’s Office, Office of Real Property, 560 Warren St, Hudson, or at https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/orpts/rp524_fill_in.pdf
- Should be submitted to Assessor’s Office by May 18
- Can be mailed to PO Box 98, Ghent, NY 12075, or delivered to Ghent Town Hall, 2306 State Rte. 66, Ghent. Emailed forms will not be accepted.
- Should include documentation showing why owner feels assessment is incorrect
For more information regarding the assessment process:
- Final Assessment Data Index by Year
- Visit the NYS Office of Real Property Services (ORPS) website for Star program and property tax information and forms.
- Current Town of Ghent Property Tax Assessment Roll.
ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT RESOURCES
- Fair Assessment – A Guide for Property Owners
- How to Estimate the Market Value of Your Home
- Reassessment FAQ
- Assessment vs. Taxes Information
- How Your New Assessment Can Effect Your Taxes
- How Real Property Tax Works
HELPFUL FORMS AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Real Property Tax Assessments
- Columbia County Real Property Tax Service Agency
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
What to do if you disagree with your assessment
Grievance Applications (Form RP524) and instructions can be printed directly from the tax.ny.gov website.
Please contact the assessor’s office if you would like more information on any of the following Exemptions:
- Basic STAR
- Enhanced STAR
- Senior Citizen Exemption
- Veteran’s Exemption
All exemptions and exemption renewals are due to the assessor prior to March 1st.