Assessor Lynn Hotaling | [email protected]
ph. 518.392.4644 x 204
Hours: Wednesdays 9:00am to 2:00pm
Update from the Assessor’s Office
February 9, 2022
UPDATE from Assessor’s Office:
- If you are 65 years old or turning 65 in 2022 and would like to apply for the ENHANCED STAR, please contact the assessor or visit the links below to learn more prior to Match 1, 2022.
- Preliminary Assessment Notices to be mailed out beginning March 1, 2022.
- Please read the letter enclosed with your notice carefully. If you need to make an appointment to discuss your preliminary assessment, you must call Columbia County Real Property to schedule a phone review: 518-828-7334. Meetings will not be held in person.
For more information regarding the assessment process:
- Final Assessment Data Index by Year
- 2022 Reassessment Update
- Public Notice of Completion of Final Assessment Roll
- Visit the NYS Office of Real Property Services (ORPS) website for Star program and property tax information and forms.
- Current Town of Ghent Property Tax Assessment Roll.
ADDITIONAL ASSESSMENT RESOURCES
- Fair Assessment – A Guide for Property Owners
- How to Estimate the Market Value of Your Home
- Reassessment FAQ
- Assessment vs. Taxes Information
- How Your New Assessment Can Effect Your Taxes
- How Real Property Tax Works
HELPFUL FORMS AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Real Property Tax Assessments
- Columbia County Real Property Tax Service Agency
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
What to do if you disagree with your assessment
Grievance Applications (Form RP524) and instructions can be printed directly from the tax.ny.gov website.
Please contact the assessor’s office if you would like more information on any of the following Exemptions:
- Basic STAR
- Enhanced STAR
- Senior Citizen Exemption
- Veteran’s Exemption
All exemptions and exemption renewals are due to the assessor prior to March 1st.