Town of Ghent is hiring a full time Heavy Equipment Maintenance Mechanic/MEO
- State retirement
- Holiday pay
- 4 day – 10 hour summer shift
- 5 day – 8 hour winter shift
- Over time when weather permits
- Payed time off
Must have minim of 3-5 years mechanical experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Heavy construction equipment
- Over the road trucks
- Automotive vehicles
- Small engine equipment
- Diesel and gasoline engine diagnosing, repair and rebuilding
- General and complex electrical wire system
- Computer diagnosing
- Hydraulic plumbing systems
- Pneumatic- air brake systems
- Spring work
- Clutch jobs
- Fabrication ability
- Class A CDL License. (Will consider a Class B License holder with the ability of one to obtain a Class A in a years’ time.)
- Must have own tool chest
We do 99% of all repairs in-house along with refurbish our own equipment and building plow trucks in house, specialty tool are provided.
One will be required not only to work in house but in field at times on equipment even in inclement weather when required.
One will also be required to lend a hand where need out in field under the MEO job title as well.
Snow Plowing, paving, tree work etc.