The Town has received a limited supply of Covid-19 home test kits and KN95 masks for Ghent residents, organizations, and businesses. We ask that you read the CDC guidelines for testing, which are provided below.
If you determine you meet the requirements for a test now, please contact the Town Hall at (518) 392-4644, [email protected] or [email protected].
CDC Testing Guidelines
The following people should get tested for COVID-19:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection at least 5 days after they last had close contact with someone with COVID-19. The date of the last close contact is considered day 0.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who are prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who have been asked or referred to get testing by their school, workplace, healthcare provider, state, tribal, local external icon or territorial health department.
Who does not need to be tested:
The following people who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 do not need to get tested if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms:
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered, as long as they do not develop new symptoms, do not need to get tested.