The Town has just received a very limited supply of KN95 masks and Covid-19 home test kits (127) to be distributed to residents at Town Hall on Saturday morning, Jan. 8th from 10:00-11:00 am. Since we have such a limited supply of test kits, we ask that you meet the following criteria and read the CDC guidelines which are provided below. There will be a limit of one test kit per family (2 tests per kit) and one KN95 mask per family member.
You will only be eligible to pick up a test kit if you meet this criteria and the CDC guidelines below:
- Are a resident of Ghent
- Have no children in your household who go to Ichabod Crane, Chatham, or Taconic School Districts (test kits available at the schools)
- No one else in your household picks up a test kit
The masks and test kits will be provided on a table outside of the Town Hall until we run out. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Town Supervisor at [email protected].
– Thank You for your Understanding, Ghent Town Board
CDC Testing guidelines;
Who should get tested:
The following people should get tested for COVID-19:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection at least 5 days after they last had close contact with someone with COVID-19. The date of the last close contact is considered day 0.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who are prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who have been asked or referred to get testing by their school, workplace, healthcare provider, state, tribal, local external icon or territorial health department.
Who does not need to be tested:
- The following people who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 do not need to get tested if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered, as long as they do not develop new symptoms, do not need to get tested.