To assist with research, reporting, and events.
$25/hour for 10 hours/week.
Send letter of interest and application to:
Ghent Climate Task Force
c/o Town Clerk
PO Box 98
Ghent, NY 12075
Independent Coordinator, Climate Smart Task Force
Town of Ghent, NY
Position Summary: The Coordinator supports the work of the Climate Smart Task Force as it applies for bronze certification in the New York State Climate Smart Communities Program. Working as an Independent Contractor, the Coordinator is responsible for tasks that include research, data collection, and reporting. This position reports to the chair of the Climate Smart Task Force.
Hours & Compensation: Up to 10 hours per week at a rate of $25 per hour.
- Data collection, which could include gathering utilities information for inputting into spreadsheets.
- Reporting on research findings to the Task Force, our advisors at the Capital District Regional Planning Commission, and our application on the State’s climate website.
- Participating in monthly meetings of the Task Force (First Tuesday of every month, usually on Zoom).
- Assisting with the planning, marketing and implementation of community education events.
- Providing support to Task Force members, as assigned by the Chair.
- Some travel to and from town facilities may be required.Must have access to reliable transportation. Mileage is reimbursed at the IRS rate.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.